This page will be updated regularly with decisions made that are specific to and by the Municipality of Grassland and ones made by the Government of Manitoba. You can also find updates on our Facebook page (Municipality of Grassland).
Please click on the link to the left "Government of Manitoba Announcements" for the most up to date bulletin from www.manitoba.ca/COVID19
Please remember to practice social distancing and proper hand washing.
If you need assistance or have time to assist those that require it (example picking up groceries, medications etc) please visit Help Next Door Manitoba to get connected.
Municipality of Grassland:
- All playgrounds within the Municipality are closed until further notice - this is to help stop the spread of the virus.
- Hartney & Minto daycare facilities will be closed end of day Friday, March 20th
- Hartney Legion has cancelled Friday night meat draws until further notice
- Hartney Pre-school Enrichment Program will be cancelling classes effective Wednesday, March 18
MARCH 17 - 2020
- Effective immediately, all municipal owned buildings will be closed to the public. This includes halls, arenas, municipal shops, offices and the fitness centre; with the exception of the Hartney Centennial Centre being closed tomorrow, March 18thand the Hartney Enrichment Programs pre-school being closed Friday, March 20th.
- Municipal staff will still be working, but the offices will be closed to the public. If you have bill payments or any inquires please call the offices and they will direct you. Hartney office number is 204-858-2590 and Minto office is 204-776-2172 or you can email email@example.com.
All staff meetings and training exercises, including fire departments will be suspended unless authorized by council.
The Hartney Handi transit will be restricted to medical use only unless authorized by council
Lauder Inn is closed with the exception of postal services.
The LUD of Elgin and the LUD of Minto meetings are suspended until further notice.
Landfills will remain open with regular hours.
Curbside pickup and Loraas recycling will remain as scheduled.
This information will also be posted to our Municipality of Grassland facebook page.
Please remember if you need to go out in public to practice social distancing, cough or sneeze into a tissue and wash your hands regularly.
We need to work together at this time to ensure everyone stays as safe as possible. If you know of someone who may be at risk, is scared or who is in self isolation, please call them and let the municipal office know so that we can aid in checking on their well being.
Please remember if you are experiencing symptoms please contact Health Links at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257