Curbside Garbage Collection
All paper items, wet/dry. Any meat wrappers, cheese wrappers, tissue paper, toothpaste boxes, cardboard from paper towel or toilet paper rolls, fly-away items such as plastic bags that are not recyclable, styrofoam that is not recyclable, sanitary napkins. Curtains, pillows, old clothes, shoes, paint brushes and rollers, take out food containers and pizza boxes, picnic plates and cups.
Grease drippings may be cooled and put in milk cartons to be included in burnable garbage (NO tin cans).
Landfill curbside pickup: FRIDAY
Only items that ARE NOT recyclable or burnable.
Hartney Landfill Site: (204) 858-2631
Hours: Summer hours are now in affect.
October 1 – March 31
Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday: 10:00am – 5:00pm
April 1 – September 30
Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday: 10:00am – 6:00pm
- recyclable oil, oil filters & oil containers
- shingle pit - shingles, porcelain, ceramic, concrete, bricks, etc
- tree pit - wood products only
- metal pile - appliances in designated area, NO plastic, rubber, cardboard, wire or metal stripping
- wire pile - NO coated wire
- pesticide yard - ALL pesticide and herbicide containers must be rinsed, tops and booklets removed
- burn cage - ABSOLUTELY NO AEROSOLS OR COMBUSTIBLES, NO CANS OR METAL. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
- burial pit - all unusable products. ABSOLUTELY NO WOOD or METAL
- tire pile - truck & car tires only, NO RIMS
- tractor tires - NO RIMS
Recycling Pick up is every other Tuesday. Click here for the pickup schedule.
On collection day, remember to have your cart out for collection by 7:00am.
207 River Avenue
Recyclables may be delivered and placed in the appropriate bins at the depot anytime.
Recyclable items include:
- Cardboard, Boxboard, Office Paper, Newsprint, Junk Mail, Magazines and Catalogues
- Plastic Containers, Milk Cartons & Plastic Milk Jugs, Shrink Wrap & Plastic Bags— Plastics numbered 1 through 7
- No oil containers or chemical jugs
- Glass (Food and beverage containers-must be rinsed)
- Tin and Aluminum Cans (cans must be clean, with or without labels-no steel or auto parts)
Please rinse all containers and break down all boxes.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE IN ANY RECYCLE BINS. Household garbage contaminates all recycling.